Sunday 6 March 2011

First training ride on the new Merlin MTB

Finally, sunshine on a Melbourne weekend. So I took the "new" MTB out for a spin from East Melbourne to Sandringham and back via Middle Park for a water and food stop. The Merlin is a lot different from my Seven road bikes - fat tyres, different geometry and an unfamiliar gear system. After a few kms, I got the hang of it and had a pleasant morning's ride - about 46km all up. Must get the granny gear checked as the front derailleur just didn't want to change down. Maybe the hill was not steep enough :)

I will be taking the Merlin over to Paris in June for the Tour D'Afrique Orient Express ride from Paris to Istanbul. Seven weeks and 4000kms.... should be fantastic! http://tourdafrique.com/tours/orientexpress/overview

This is my first attempt at blogging but I thought it would be good to have it set up so I can send news from abroad once the real Ride starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment