Tuesday 24 July 2012

Trans Europa Day 16 Vilnius to Silaciai - 133km

With heavy chest but clear weather, I set off on Merlin heading for a wonderful night of camping. I haven't done much riding this calendar year but I have been carbo loading...

My lungs were not very happy with the cool morning air but I managed to get to the lunch spot at the 70km mark where my friend John Waterhouse was relaxing with a migraine - oxymoronic I know.

I did not really feel the need to ride another 63km so I joined John and Gergo in the bus to the campsite, encouraging riders as we passed them on the road.

Merlin looking shmick

First lunch with Gergo - watermelon..












Set the tent up just like the old times last year and managed to get some sleep after Eszter's dinner of linguine with meat sauce. It got chilly around 9.30 pm so I broke out the sleeping bag and then coughed my way through the night. Hopefully, the other happy campers were not too inconvenienced.



So if you you went by van rather than bicycle from lunch you got a hefty discount!

No comments:

Post a Comment