Friday 24 October 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Darwin to Adelaide River| Thursday, October 23 - 107.4km


Back into the TDA routine. Bags down at 5.30am, breakfast at 5.45am, ride out at 6am to beat the heat. Only problem is that at 5.30am the humidity was wettening and the temperature was already 25C! And, of course, I could not force myself to eat porridge for breakfast..

I took the opportunity to hand off the Aussie Torah for a few days to Henry Gold, the founder of TDA and a member of the tribe.


The directions for the day were a left and right at 10km and then straight for the rest of the day. The sun rose shortly after 6am and then beat down mercilessly...I managed 61.5km to the lunch stop and then took the van into camp where I treated myself to a refreshment.

Put up the tent, sweated profusely, riders meeting at 5pm followed by dinner. Spaghetti bolognese and green salad, Very nice.

The pump up mattress is a nice addition to my tent this trip and was quite comfortable to sleep on. I left the fly sheet off the tent for a bit of ventilation but it was not a great night's sleep...way too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment