Wednesday 1 August 2012

Trans Europa Day 24 Bobolice to Krakow - 91km


Did not sleep well and woke up with an uneasy stomach. Not a good sign...

Packed up the very dewy tent, had a little cereal for breakfast and set off into castle territory - and  HILLS!!!                          

I don't like hills at the best of times; and today was certainly not the best of times. Despite Merlin's best efforts, hill after hill after hill was taking its toll on my back and I had to walk  a few times. The morning was getting warmer and I stopped for an ice cream here and a Coke there. Not the best for an unsettled stomach. I finally had to what the bears do in the woods and I was glad to see the lunch truck at around 65km. I could not actually eat anything so decided to call it a day and vanned in to Krakow, thus avoiding the treacherous tram tracks which were waiting to grab my front tyre.
 
There were a few interesting little towns with their church and square along the way and another big castle at Skala.

                











The Polonia Hotel is camp for the next 3 nights and quite well located on the edge of the Old City and three tram stops from the Jewish area Kazimierz. John agreed to accompany me to dinner at Hotel Ester in Kazimierz and we shared a delicious meal of cholent, latkes with smoked salmon, green salad and desserts all to the accompaniment of a klezmer band - fabulous!





OCHI CHORNYA!!
                 
                             


No comments:

Post a Comment