Thursday 2 August 2012

Trans Europa Day 25 Krakow Rest Day - 0km

Seeing as we have two rest days in Krakow, today is a working rest day.

I spent most of the morning updating the blog and catching up with emails and I then had a meeting at the hotel with a local lawyer who is acting for a client of mine in relation to a property here in Krakow. After successfully having the property transferred into my client's and relatives' names as survivors, the government is attempting to have the property forfeited as it was "abandoned" in 1941 - coincidentally when the then owners were rounded up and sent to the ghetto, and worse.

In any event, once work was finished it was laundry time as is a ritual on rest days. I went by tram with John to a very cool laundry bar http://www.franiacafe.pl/en/ and we hung out there for 90 minutes or so. Daphne and Shirley happened to be there too.


















There is a large shopping centre across the road from Hotel Polonia and I went over to Carrefour to stock up on snack bars and water.

I hadn't eaten much today so I wandered across the other road from the hotel into the edge of Old Town. Luckily I found a restaurant that had delicious chicken soup with kreplach AND chicken schnitzel with french fries. Most satisfying.
















I am thinking about writing a guide book for chicken soups of Poland.... or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment