Friday 7 September 2012

Trans Europa Day 61 – Sant Feliu de Guixols to Barcelona - 100km

As a parting gift for the last day of riding diarrhoea returned in the night leaving me feeling somewhat queasy this morning.

In the final rider's meeting Cristiano promised an "epic" ride for the first 40km to Blanes where we would stop for lunch and then be led by a local rider in convoy for the last 6okm to Barcelona.

By "epic", Cristiano clearly meant hilly and, although the scenery was pleasant enough I struggled with the hills and was really not feeling well.







I decided to call it a day at Blanes and rode the van in with Eszter who unfortunately came off her bike when taking a corner and has a chipped elbow and now has her arm in plaster. It took some time to get to the hotel and then for the bags to turn up but I managed to have a snack and then shower, change and a nap.

The convoy turned up at around 5pm and they were unanimous that I made the smart move today!

So the cycling part of the trip is over but I still have a rest day in Barcelona tomorrow before flying out on Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment