Tuesday 24 July 2012

Trans Europa Day 17 Silaciai to Augustow - 92km

Woke up after a restless night and managed to pack up the tent before a breakfast of hot porridge and brown sugar and a banana served with tea and lemon..

The day was flagged for 88km and I figured I would pace myself and ride through. We crossed the border between Lithuania and Poland at the 32km mark. What a difference between the signs!


Welcome to Lithuania





Welcome to Poland















I was still struggling with the cough but took my time and enjoyed the sunshine through to lunch at 76km catered by Ciaran, a great Tour D'Afrique staffer who is a fantastic mechanic. He has been taking excellent care of Merlin

We set the watches back an hour in Poland and also gained a few extra kms so, rather than head to camp, I decided to head into town. I really felt like chicken soup and managed to find a restaurant that served the magic elixir with chicken dumplings.Just what the doctor ordered!


Before- looking like crap
Instant effect
























The Krolowa Woda Campsite has a nice bar restaurant with wifi so the blog is now up to date! I believe we have risotto tonight. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment