Thursday 21 July 2011

Orient Express Day 45 Varna to Aheloy - 112km

To prevent Kim from becoming lost today, a special GPS tracking orange ribbon was attached to her bike.


Just for a change, it was going to be hot and hilly. I set off from the hotel with Edna, Mieke and PC. Rudolph and Paul vanned it for the day with Henry. The roads were not good and the traffic heavy but we made it to lunch without incident.


Just for a change, I had watermelon for lunch and stopped at the next store for a Coke.
I rode solo for the rest of the day and took the optional detour near the end to Nesebar which is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Apparently, such categorisation permits any number of vendors to set up stalls selling all sorts of souvenirs. T-shirts and assorted garbage.






Onwards to the Kossara Hotel Aheloy where our group had run of the house and use of the swimming pool. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=30857&clcid=0x409

Not much else to do there but wait for dinner which was very nice and served by the young ladies who had been sunbathing by the pool. Francois gave us his best impression of a Canadian moose and we were entertained by a local singer before heading to bed...




The singer is the one at the rear...

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like tough going, but glad to hear PC and Mieke are keeping you company! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful info. Hope to see more good posts in the future.
    forex trading coach

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a real ability for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing. bike seats for women

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it! benefits of ebikes

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is useful and get the full of information here student making a best websites and that full of information here visit my website
    .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. carbon wheels

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. best spin bike seats

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great post I seen because of offer it. It is truly what I needed to see seek in future you will proceed after sharing such a magnificent post. Priceline Coupon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!! bicycle accessories to buy

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great content material as well as great layout. Your website deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting. I will be back soon for further quality contents. singapore bicycle helmet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great knowledge, do anyone mind merely reference back to it best mountain bike accessories

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. bike accessories shop singapore

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information. order online bike stand

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a thrilling post, you have pointed out some excellent points, I as well believe this is a superb website. I have planned to visit it again and again. https://decathlon33.wixsite.com/bicycle-in-singapore

    ReplyDelete