Monday 15 December 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Apollo Bay to Torquay | Thursday, December 4 - 92km






The plan for today was for me to van to lunch and then cycle to Torquay, wait for John and then head home! So at breakfast I said goodbye to the gang in the hope I might see them at Torquay or in Melbourne on Saturday night.

It was a very pleasant 38km ride along the Great Ocean Road into Torquay. After showering, changing and sorting out my bag and bike, I headed across the road for a hamburger with the lot and waited for John to arrive.






We left our bikes and main bags with the crew and walked across the road with a small bag to catch the bus to Geelong and then the train to Melbourne. Out of Southern Cross Station, we went to Sbriga for a decent coffee and snack and then bussed to my Apartment for the night.

Tomorrow I'll drive with John to the caravan park in Braybrook to collect my bike and our bags and officially end the Tour.

It has been an interesting ride. Thanks for following the blog for the last 6 weeks and stay tuned for details of the next upcoming exciting adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment