Tuesday 2 December 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Port Campbell to Apollo Bay | Tuesday, December 2 - 96km

This morning's conditions were very similar to yesterday - overcast but not cold - but we were heading for 1500m of climbing, not my favourite activity. First stop was Loch Ard Gorge.
 
 
Next, arguably the highlight of the Great Ocean Road, The Twelve Apostles.
 
 
 
 


















The climbing was getting to my back and I was glad to see the first sign to Melbourne and then a great cafe at Lavers Hill for a mocha and raspberry muffin. And then the light drizzle turned to rain and mist...




































I arrived at the lunch van at 62km having climbed 1100m. That was enough for me for today and I rode the van into camp where John had already checked into our cabin.
 
I cycled into town and had 2 sausage rolls with tomato sauce and a mocha for lunch. Then to the supermarket for some drinks and back to the cabin for the night. John bought supplies for breakfast tomorrow so toast with marmalade for dinner tonight while I rest my back!


No comments:

Post a Comment