Monday 1 December 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Port Fairy to Port Campbell | Monday, December 1 - 98km

It was an overcast, but not cold, morning as we cycled out of Port Fairy and I felt confident that I would get 100km on the clock today, which I did! A tail wind for a lot of the day was a welcome change.

Our route took us past Tower Hill into residential Warrnambool onto a bike path by the ocean and then inland for a while.First drink stop was across the road from the Cheese and Butter Factory.



 

Lunch was at around 59km and then the signs to the much anticipated Great Ocean Road!


 


 








  

And that completed the scenic lookouts for today as I arrived in Port Campbell and checked into a cabin for the night! My first 100km ride in quite some time..
                         
                                                       
I was quite hungry by now so I cycled the short distance into "town" for a juice and then a mocha and butterscotch muffin at the quirky cafe.


















Shower, nap, computer time and dinner at 6pm.Chops, barley and wheat kernel mushroom risotto and vegetables..


The seagull will learn that the Frenchmen leave no leftovers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment