Sunday 13 April 2014

Cuba Caribbean Flair - Cuba on 2 Wheels 2014 - Baracoa - Boca de Yumuri - Baracoa | Tuesday, March 25 - 27km

Today’s somewhat hilly bicycle tour takes you through unique flora and fauna to Boca de Yumuri, a river estuary. You will visit the fishing village of the same name and will have the opportunity to go on a boat tour (not included in the price). After refreshing yourself in the water you will be transferred to Baracoa. You will have lunch/ a picnic during the trip. Overnight stay will be at Hotel Porto Santo. (incl. breakfast, lunch/picnic) - Trip Notes


I rose with the sun, had the buffet breakfast and checked out the hotel's artwork before we bussed down into town for a city tour.
 
 
 

 

 



 


 

 

On the turn to La Farasol, out came the bikes and I took Ramon’s as Herbert wore him out yesterday and he needed a rest.  It was a very pleasant ride to the bridge where we finished cycling for the day, and I finished Cuban cycling for good, and took a little boat trip for 2 CUC. We gathered nuts!

 
 
 
 

 





Lunch was courtesy of Sprachcaffe and my choice was spaghetti with shrimps (but with way too much cheese.)





On the way back to the hotel we swung past the Christopher Columbus statue. According to the historians, Columbus landed here and it became the first Spanish settlement in Cuba - click for details Baracoa.
 

 

I walked down into town looking for soft drinks snapping street art along the way. All I could only find was beer. Haven't these guys heard of pinita??

 
 
 

 

I took a dip in the pool and then retired to my room for a nap. 
I checked out the dining room at 730 to meet Ramon but it was buffet again so I went into town and found a little café with excellent spaghetti with shrimp cooked al dente and a soft drink for 2.60CUC. Better than the lunch version..
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment