Friday 24 October 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Adelaide River to Pine Creek | Friday, October 24 - 131km


Yes, I laughed at 131km too after yesterday's poor performance. So, after a lousy night's sleep, a banana for breakfast and a queasy feeling in the stomach, I headed out to a glorious sunrise and made it to 33.5km before conking out at around 9am and in unrelenting heat! Unfortunately, there was no cell reception there so Chelsea, a Canadian nurse riding sweep, cycled ahead to relay a message to tell the lunch van to come get me. That process took a couple of hours unfortunately so, after arriving at the lunch spot to collect 2 riders who had finished for the day, I ate some left over spagbol from last night and settled into the van. We stopped for 5 more riders and Doug, who was driving, managed to squeeze all the bikes and people in.







Another tent night was not inviting so I booked a cabin with air conditioning. fridge, tv and a desk (from where I write this blog) and I asked John Waterhouse, my old TDA room-mate to join me.

Dinner of chicken drumsticks, mashed pumpkin and beans salad followed by 1.25 litres of cols solo!

I am vanning to the lunch spot in the morning and then cycling into Katherine. Let's see if that works out better..

No comments:

Post a Comment