Wednesday 29 October 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Mataranka to Daly Waters | Tuesday, October 28 - 169km




At the riders’ meeting last night when the daily route was announced I immediately decided I would not be cycling today!The night in the tent was not restful and about 1am it was actually cold so I crawled into my sleeping bag. The gang was up around 4.45am packing up tents so I followed suit. Today I changed from morning coffee to tea which I think will be a better option. I even managed an open peanut butter and jelly on sliced wholemeal!


 








I rode in the van with Doug to the lunch spot at 95km and a few riders started from there and rode through to camp. I helped Doug set up, cut the vegetables and the mangoes. Doug was impressed as he was trying to cut them like avocadoes..





Chris rolled in first and the others filtered through. As there was not much for me to do, I hitched a ride with a couple of nice young ladies who were heading past Daly Waters and they dropped me at the Daly Waters Pub which is home for tonight.




I treated myself to a meat pie and chips for lunch with an apple cider on tap and then headed down to the camping area where it was stinking hot with no shade. So I rented a “pub room” for the night with shared toilet facilities and I offered John the single bed. Air conditioned comfort!





After tonight’s riders’ meeting we dined on pasta with chicken and a carrot and broccoli salad. Banana cake was there for dessert but I had enough food for the day. I’ll ride from the lunch spot tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment