Monday 27 October 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Katherine to Mataranka | Monday, October 27 - 103km


With 100km on offer today, a change of tactics was in order so, after a rushed breakfast of a banana, some muesli and berry yoghurt, I jumped in the lunch van with Chelsea to watch the sunset and she dropped me off at around 25km to give me a chance of riding through to camp.



It was a great plan foiled only by the need to join the bears in the woods after about 10km... so for pushing down some muesli! Nevertheless, after Chris passed me at 50km I was second into lunch for a few mango slices at around 65km.

Some joker wiped 1000 off Alice!
 
 




It was fun looking out for the anthills dressed up by the locals. Apart from that, nothing but bush and roadkill until town.


 



 I stopped for a cold drink in Mataranka and then headed to the campground for a night in the tent. All up, 80km on the clock which was not a bad effort. I don't think there was much left in the tank either.




 

There is a swimming pool here and reasonable toilet and shower facilities. Dinner tonight is courtesy of Mark out of the TDA kitchen truck so hope it goes down well!

No comments:

Post a Comment