Saturday 25 October 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Pine Creek to Katherine | Saturday, October 25 - 92.3km


After a very restful night in air conditioned comfort, I took my bag down to the van, handed in the room key and had a cup of coffee and a banana before heading out in the lunch van with Doug around 6am.



We arrived at the lunch spot around 7am, some 31km from our campsite, and I had a leisurely 90 minute ride in to town, stopping along the way for photos and breakfast of a coffee scroll and cappuccino at Brumbys!








Katherine's claim to fame!!



I checked into a nice hotel room to share with John, washed my cycling clothes, showered and had a bit of a rest before cycling the 3km along the bike path back into town with John in search of lunch. There are 3 pubs none of which does a counter lunch so we settled on Coffee Club where I had a fairly tasteless mango frappe but a quite delicious burger with chips!



I glanced at the local paper over lunch and it had many high level notices for the young man who lost his life last weekend at McDonalds St Kilda Road in Melbourne. Such a waste.




















The hotel restaurant is closed tonight of all nights so a group is heading to the Country Club for dinner. Woolworths stop on the ride back from lunch for snacks will see me through to the rest day tomorrow.















No comments:

Post a Comment