Friday 8 May 2015

Gourmet Piedmont 2015 - Gavi Arrivederci to Milan | Friday, May 8

Day Ten – Arrivederci!

After a late finish to the celebratory dinner of last night, I was up for a last breakfast including fried eggs at the Michelin starred La Gallina which is literally "The Chicken".
 

It was then time for our Cristiano shuttle to the train station at Arquata Scrivia where fond farewells were bade and I hung around until 11am.
 
 

  
It was a 3 train trip to Milan, arriving around 1.45pm. There were the usual interesting bits of graffiti including an almost scrubbed out swastika...

 
 
 

From Milan Centro Station,I walked 5 minutes to the AirBnB of Andrea, an Architect, who has a beautiful apartment on the 5th Floor of a building across from the railway line and on top of a Bar. Check it out here: Best Milan Room!
 
 
 

After Andrea showed me around and gave me a set of keys, I went downstairs to the Bar for lunch followed by gelati at the nearby kiosk. Despite the pasta being listed on the board, I'm pretty sure it was Orecchiette with broccoli...

 

 

So that's where I'll end the Puntotours section of the blog. It was a fantastic 10 days with my old friend Cristiano and new friends Christine and Mal. We crammed in a lot of activities, cycled on 8 of the days (with maybe 15 minutes of rain in all) and we ate and drank the most wonderful foods and wines in unbelievable locations.

I have decided that the motto for this tour should be:

VENI VIDI EDI BIBI BICI!

Thanks for following this latest bicycle (and gastronomic) adventure. Ciao for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment