Wednesday 6 July 2011

Orient Express Day 30 Szolnok to Gyula - 134km


More of the same today in the wilderness of Hungary, fairly flat and not much of interest.



PC headed back by train to Budapest to collect his new passport with Romania visa which had been express delivered from South Africa to our hotel but not in time for our departure yesterday. I started the day with Edna Mieke Rudolph and Stirling. As happened yesterday, I led out comfortably and after a couple of kms there was no sign in my mirror of the others. I phoned Edna and she informed me that Stirling had a flat and they had stopped for coffee so I kept going.

As it was the last full day in Hungary, I had to get rid of Huingarian coins so I stopped at Aldi's brand new store just on the outskirts of Gyula and bought some snacks.

I was third into camp after Chris & Jacquie. They went off to the hot baths and did not return til 5.30m. Chris did not put up Edna’s tent before he left so, when Edna's group finally came into camp- some 2 hours after me- Edna had to put her tent up with a little help from Ricardo.

Spagbol for dinner and PC arrived around 6.30pm with his required paperwork for tomorrow's crossing into Romania.


How the hell do I get this up??

Advice and assistance from Ricardo
Eureka!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment