Saturday 1 November 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Daly Waters to Elliott | Wednesday, October 29 - 153km





I took the van to the lunch spot and cycled 66km into Elliott. Even with the head start, the sun beat down and made the last 20km quite difficult, especially with a horizon of the town ahead that did not seem to get any closer!


 



 
The campground was a patch of dirt behind a BP Station and I free pitched the tent under the shade of a tree and headed into the BP shop for refreshments. I spent some time in the pool and then John cycled in and offered me a bed in his “shack” 100m up the road. I took one look and decided I’d rather stay by the tent. The thought of schlepping bags to and fro in the heat was unappealing..






















No matter what I drank through the day I just could not quench my thirst. Assorted icecreams, iced coffee and lemonades all combined to ensure diarrhea for the rest of the day and night. I decided not to ride tomorrow and spent an uncomfortable night in the tent with a cold compress on my head courtesy of my washer and the ice cold water at the bottom of the beer chest! At least the night sky was clear,

Great taste going down, not so great once in..


No comments:

Post a Comment