Thursday 3 October 2019

Viva Italia Day 20 - Stage 14 - Aritzo to Cagliari




All roads do lead to Rome! Cycle Southern Italy, 
Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily 

14 September 2019 - 22 October 2019


Thursday 3 October 2019

With decent weather and a "reasonable" ride profile, we ventured out of the hotel, climbed a few hills, sped down some descents and had some rest stops.

We were last in to lunch at around 81km which was a long enough ride for me. The crew recommended that we 3 members of tribe (Edna, Eli and I) van in the last 34km to Cagliari which we did and all other riders were in the hotel by the time we arrived!

It was a pleasant enough day and we have a rest day in Cagliari tomorrow although we have to check out of the hotel by 11.30am before we head to the ferry around 6pm for an overnight sail to Palermo in Sicily.

I did my washing at a laundromat around the corner from the hotel and treated myself to a pasta at a little bat across the road from the laundromat and gelati around the next corner!

Will take a look around the old Port area tomorrow and see what I can find.

115.1km +1123m/-1951m -doable..

 

 

 

 









No comments:

Post a Comment