Tuesday 1 October 2019

Viva Italia Day 17 - Stage 12 - San Paolo to Cala Gonome




All roads do lead to Rome! Cycle Southern Italy, 
Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily

14 September 2019 - 22 October 2019


Monday 30 September 2019

We decided to start the day off cycling with the intention of stopping after 65km at lunch to avoid the ridiculous climb and steep hairpin descents at the end. Edna is cycling well, especially up the hills, but I am still struggling.

We stopped for refreshments at around 26km in a nice little town and ventured onward.

The last 15km to lunch was very warm and took me forever, but I limped in last to the lunch van where I was refreshed with pear juice and guava juice. 65km is still not a bad effort... (convincing??)

Not much to tell that the expression on my face does not convey..

Rest day coming up in Cala Gonome so I had a light dinner from the supermarket of tomato and mozzarella sandwiches and Lay's chips to replenish my salts.

99.7km +1167m/-1155m
Crazy steep  climb and downhill at the end. Even the van had trouble...



Photo courtesy of Eli Baron.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment