Friday 11 October 2019

Viva Italia Day 28 - Stage 19 - Messina to Tropea




All roads do lead to Rome! Cycle Southern Italy, 
Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily

14 September 2019 - 22 October 2019


Friday 11 October 2019

After yesterday's rest day, I thought I'd better cycle today, especially as there was our last ferry ride from Sicily back to the mainland.

I would not have normally tackled double hilly before lunch and didn't quite make it, finding a shady spot at about 61km, some 8km short of lunch, where I waited for the van to come back and get me.

I was joined in the van from lunch by Edna and Eli and we did not rue skipping the ride into the hotel.

The lunch spot was opposite a very interesting cemetery with "houses"for each family of the town.

The big hills wore me out today, coupled with the heat, and I needed a nap!

Nice dinner at the hotel but I bailed after two courses..

Easier day tomorrow.

92.5km +1490m/-1416m








 

 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment