Monday 16 September 2019

Viva Italia Day 01 - Stage 01 - Rome to San Martino Al Cimino




All roads do lead to Rome! Cycle Southern Italy,
Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily

14 September 2019 - 22 October 2019


Saturday 14 September 2019

It's always proper to start a TDA tour from the start line on Day 1 even if one is overweight and has hardly trained..

We left in convoy out of Rome for about 4km and then were on our own. I managed to make it another 33.5km to the lovely town of Sacrofono where I treated myself to my first gelati and settled in for a long wait for the lunch van to come pick me up and take me to the Hotel Balleti some 55km away. Edna made it another 20km or so to the lunch stop and greeted me in the van for our journey in.

There's no shame getting in the van. With hills, heat and (de)hydration, it's my preferred option... And it is a vacation after all!
Official Start of Viva Italia 2019


88.5km +1431m/ -931m


Tour leader Ozgur from Turkey





This blog is giving me the shits already.. So hard to get the photos to line up




Turkey scaloppine al limone
Hotel penne with salty thin tomato coverage..

Tiramisu

No comments:

Post a Comment