Thursday 26 September 2019

Viva Italia Day 13 - Stage 09 - Ajaccio to Zonza




All roads do lead to Rome! Cycle Southern Italy, 
Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily

14 September 2019 - 22 October 2019


Thursday 26 September 2019

One look at the elevations for today's ride was sufficient for me take a rest day accompanying Ozgur and Doug in the van with Edna on board til lunch at 70km.

Unfortunately, I am still fatigued from my sleep issues over the last 12 months and have not yet settled into an energising routine over here. But, I'm hopeful that I will increase my riding hours, and my sleeping hours, as the days progress. Despite my daily posts of pasta or cakes, I have actually lost a little weight and am getting fitter now that my back is not playing up as much.

I had a fun day with the crew and am happily ensconced in the lovely Hotel le Tourisme in Zonza which is full of cycling groups, large and small.

97.3km +2344m/-1596m
No for me, thanks very much :)

Lunch spot after 70km of hills






Coffee break in a little town en route to Zonza




Waiting for my room





Cyclists in town - with boar..
This chicken had my name on it..

Doug and Ozgur checking out Zonza!

Excellent dinner tonight at L'auberge du Sanglier.






Corsican vegetable soup with pancetta
Roasted leg of lamb seasoned with local herbs

''Light hearted chestnut delice"

No comments:

Post a Comment