Thursday 19 September 2019

Viva Italia Day 04 - Stage 04 - Casanova Pansarine to Florence




All roads do lead to Rome! Cycle Southern Italy, 
Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily

14 September 2019 - 22 October 2019


Tuesday 17 September 2019

Another challenging morning of climbs to be avoided so we vanned to the 30km mark for a leisurely start from the local bar where I enjoyed my first "thick hot chocolate" for the tour.

Typical Tuscany terrain to be enjoyed with some leisurely downhills and rolling hills to Greve in Chianti where we stopped in the main square to visit the famous Antica Macelleria Falorni.

My stomach has not been settled from the start of the trip so I called it a day at the lunch spot. A nice short ride for me followed by a long wait and van ride into Florence via the toll way. Edna rode in again with Peter the Sweeper and is doing well!

After a shower and shave at the Hotel Albergo Fireze, which is in a great location, I went looking for contact lenses but struck out.. Solo dinner at a little touristy place near the Duomo was quite enjoyable.

81.0km +947m/ -1071m









 


No comments:

Post a Comment