Sunday 13 April 2014

Cuba Caribbean Flair - Cuba on 2 Wheels 2014 - Adios Havana! | Thursday, March 27

Make the most of the last day in Cuba before departing Havana for Cancun and on to Los Angeles. Adios Cuba. It has been an adventure.


After a decent breakfast at Hotel Lido with different "bombsite views", I wandered around old Havana for a last look before checking out and heading to the international airport.


 

 

Last night's restaurant being de-wasted!!


 

 

 
 

I was fascinated by Dora The Explorer!The plane was one hour late leaving but Cancun was 2 hours behind so I made the connection into LAX OK. Of course, there was a long line at US Immigration and then I waited half an hour for the Dollar Car Rental shuttle. I finally got the car but was starving so I had McDonalds at 12.15am. I arrived at the Azul Inn which has been renovated since my last stay and looked very nice and comfortable. I got to sleep around 1.45am.

 

So the Cuban adventure is over and I am back in the Home of the Brave and the Land of the Free. Or, more to the point, somewhere I can resume my comfortable consumer lifestyle.

That is all until next time on the bike! Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment