Wednesday 9 April 2014

Cuba Havana En Vivo Salsa Tour 2014 - Casa de la Música Farewell Dinner | Friday, March 14


Today will be the last day of your dancing course. In the afternoon you will get the chance to find out how much you have learned during your salsa lessons: apply the salsa theory into practice in the Casa de la Música with live Cuban Salsa band. In the evening we join a special farewell dinner in the restaurant La Floridiana. A cocktail will be offered in the piano bar afterwards to celebrate our great holiday in Cuba and prepare ourselves for departure. (breakfast, dinner) - Trip Notes

 

Last dance class today. I now know the basic salsa steps but may not be able to lead as Lady was in charge all week! She was fun to dance with and a very.bubbly young woman. After class, Stephan and I tipped the girls and confirmed that they would be coming to the Casa tonight for a final farewell.

I decided to go to the Jewish cemetery at Guanambacoa. What a shlep! Interesting shared taxi to Capitolio. Walk through old Havana to ferry terminal. Ferry to Regla. Half hour wait for the bus. But a fun bus!

 
 
 


 


The Cemetery was at the last stop and the gate was locked. I eventually found the house that had the key so got in to look around. Quite a few graves are broken or in disrepair. There is a Holocaust memorial which is showing signs of wear. For more photos go to my AUSSIE TORAH BLOG


 
 


I had to be back at the hotel by 5pm and the bus back to Regla did not appear although I saw buses apparently going to Havana. I jumped on one which took me to Vedado for 1 CUC (good value!) from where I caught a taxi to the hotel. Had some icecream for late lunch.

I showered and changed for the 5.15 Sprachcaffe bus pick up to go to Casa de la Musica. I was tired after a long day on the road and had an upset stomach. I had a quick dance with Lady but the music was way too fast and definitely not salsa! I watched the show and enjoyed watching the audience dancing. It was fun but very loud. Stephan and I kissed our girls goodbye and wished them well. I doubt they will miss us :)
 
 
 
 
The main act was TANIA PANTOJA and her band. Click the link for a Youtube clip.

Yorelis collected us from the Casa just before 9pm and we cabbed to Hotel Florida for our “farewell dinner”. We were the only diners. Salad, pollo, flan and water. 
 
 

 
 We opted out of the Piano Bar and cocktail and cabbed back to the hotel for a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment