Friday 4 April 2014

Cuba Cross Over 2014 - Trinidad | Sunday, March 2 - 0km

During a walk through Trinidad we will hear many interesting stories about the "Golden Age” of the sugar boom and its benefits for the city. Spend the rest of the day as you wish. It is worthwhile to take a coco or bici taxi to Playa Ancón, where you can relax, swim or go snorkelling. This night we will stay at the Hotel Finca Maria Dolores. Dinner at the hotel included. (breakfast, dinner) - Trip Notes


My unhappiness was compounded when I went through my travel wallet to get some cash only to find that quite an amount of money had been lifted from the envelope containing Canadian dollars. Quite a clever theft as I don’t count the stash regularly and I have no idea which chambermaid took the liberty! Well, a couple of months’ wages is quite a tip for her!

After breakfast, we bussed in to Trinidad which is a UNESCO certified city now 500 years old and quite beautiful. Ricardo gave us the tour and then pointed me in the direction of the money changer and the internet café. Matthias also stayed in town while the others cycled to the beach for the day.













 


 


 


 

 

 

After I changed some money, I realised the clerk had confused me with a lot of coins and shortchanged me 2 CUC. Next time, I’ll take the time to check properly. So, three times bad luck in 24 hours – I hope I’m heading for good times now.

I managed to get an hour of slow internet and at least check emails. Matthias came in as I was finishing up so I waited for him to do his internet and we then walked around and found a place for lunch. I had a “sandwich” with sliced cheese and tomato. It was OK.
 

We then walked back towards the Hotel, ready to catch a taxi if one came by, but ended up walking all the way back. I spent half an hour in the sun and then went back to the cabin and watched tv before showering for dinner. Thought I’d try the beef tonight. Tasted as bad as it looked.


Finished up at 9.45 and passed on a Group trip back into Trinidad for live music. I expect the gang won’t be back before midnight – too late for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment