Tuesday 8 April 2014

Cuba Havana En Vivo Salsa Tour 2014 - Parque John Lennon | Morning Thursday, March 13


You will start the day again with the hot salsa lesson. You can use the rest of the morning and afternoon exploring Cuba on your own by e.g. visiting a museum or rum factory in town, or just relaxing at the hotel’s pool. In the evening we leave for a live musical show, Cabaret Parisien, with its variety of musical performances at the Hotel Nacional. (breakfast, dinner) - Trip Notes

The day started with our fourth Salsa dance class. Stephan and I were definitely in sync with Jaimi and Lady as evidenced by our choice of tops today! We even danced reasonably well and the girls seemed pleased.

 




After class I took a taxi to Vedado to look for the John Lennon statue I had read about. I got out at the Synagogue and walked back to the park to find John. He was missing his eye glasses as people steal them. I found out later that there is a guard in the park who will put the glasses on for photos but he was not visible when I was there.

 
                                                                      




I wandered around the neighborhood and found some interesting markets and the paeds hospital en route to the street where I could catch a cab.





I hailed a shared 1 CUC taxi back to the hotel and had pizza for lunch, just for a change.


No comments:

Post a Comment