Wednesday 1 August 2012

Trans Europa Day 23 Smardzewice to Bobolice - 143km

Woke up feeling not bad and, with much cooler weather, I set out in the hope of riding a full day.

Not long out of camp, I rode past a Catholic cemetery with every wall graffitised with the Star of David and the initials "LKS" which I understand is the Lodz soccer team, known for its antisemitism.

















I just don't get it. Not a Jew in sight and a long way from Lodz so what's the point. I just don't get it...

Onward through rolling terrain and I was feeling OK when I got to lunch at 75km. If not today, then when? So I bit the bullet and decided I would push on and break through the mental barrier.


A few interesting sights along the way and finally made it in to camp with 8 hours actual time in the saddle and 143km on the odometer. My longest ride in quite some time.

Set up the tent and had dinner before a nice warm shower and an early night. It got quite cool during the night and the dogs of the area decided to talk right through the night. Such is life in the countryside...
                                         
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment