Tuesday 7 August 2012

Trans Europa Day 29 Turany to Banska Stiavnica - 110km

So the choice this morning was what colour van to take - I was in no mood to ride from the moment I awoke to pouring rain so opted for the blue van which would deliver me to the end after following the white lunch van, setting up lunch and then tagging the route to the hotel. Nice surprise to be staying in a hotel tonight rather than camping!

Ready to ride in the rain



The rain had cleared by the lunch stop and it actually became quite hot for the rest of the day. The riders today were unanimous that it was the toughest day of the tour to date - a good day for me however :)

Banska Stiavnica is on the UNESCO World Heritage list and quite an old mining town. Here's an interesting link: Banska Stiavnica

I rested until noonish in the luxurious Hotel Kerling 

and then wandered into town for a spot of lunch and a look around. The local dish seemed to be pizza so that's what I had. As an "unofficial rest day", here's an array of photos.









No comments:

Post a Comment