Saturday 25 August 2012

Trans Europa Day 48 – Bobbio to Genova – 98km


Today marked the return of hills.. Although the route up the mountains was picturesque, lunch at 56km was a welcome relief before the descent to the grimy waterfront of Genova.


























After 4 days in the heat, first priority after a nap in the hotel was laundry followed by dinner. Although I had several drink stops through the day for chinotto or coke, my food intake was minimal as I really don’t fancy what is on offer for breakfast or lunch. Breakfast was a piece of almost fresh bread with peanut butter and jam. Lunch was watermelon (just for a change) and pear nectar. So a serving of spaghetti vongole at a restaurant on the coastline was perfect.






















Sometimes I wonder if I am a little crazy doing these long TDA camping trips. The jury is still out.
 


 







 


It seems that in Genova the condom machines need to be protected... and the waste bins are canvases..
 
 
 


















Although I had every expectation of a good night’s sleep in the comfortable hotel bed, I did not sleep that well but with a rest day ahead I will have a nap during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment