Wednesday 8 August 2012

Trans Europa Day 31 Jelenec to Bratislava - 117km

Apart from some small damage to the kitchen canopy, we got through the windstorm in one piece and packed up before sitting down for breakfast joined by our kitten friend.







Rode all day into headwinds or crosswinds so not very pleasant as we hit the outskirts of Bratislava. Lunch at around 70km with refreshing watermelon on offer and then the long 40km or so haul in to town where unfortunately I lost the markers but, because I was here last year with Orient Express, I found an alternative route to Botel Gracias where we are moored for 2 nights.

Dinner for eight in town with the gang. Chicken soup and duck - not bad but not as good as Poland!
And note the choc chip muffin served with the duck!



2 comments:

  1. That sounds like such an amazing trip! (And amazing food!). I did a cross-country bike tour earlier this year - I can't wait to do another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris. I'm travelling with Tour D'Afrique. Check out their site www.tourdafrique.com

    ReplyDelete