Sunday 5 August 2012

Trans Europa Day 28 Oravice to Turany - 85km

I awoke to a much cooler day with little rain on the horizon and liked my chances of completing  today's ride of 85km. With that goal, I managed a few spoons of porridge with brown sugar and a banana and set off through the mist with the hills ahead!


I felt OK and rode comfortably even though I had to walk the steeper hills. The cooler weather was certainly a bonus today.

I got to lunch determined to ride on and managed to get an open sandwich into me. There were a few nice churches along the route and I made it into camp which had a nice little bar with Sprite and ice cream to reward the day's ride.




Tonight's dinner was the best so far. Bow tie pasta in a light pesto sauce with walnuts served with salmon poached in white wine. Well done Miles!

There were thunderstorms and lightning - very very frightening- around 4am and it poured from then on. More coughing and waking up with the prospect of a long hard day in the rain convinced me that a rest day would be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment