Sunday 19 June 2011

Orient Express Day 15 Kipfenberg to Regensburg - 100km

What an unpleasant night - damp and coldish and, according to the others, doof doof music through the night although I managed to sleep on my good ear so missed that treat.

I decided to ride in the clothes I slept in and, after putting on wet cycling shoes and eating very little for breakfast, off we went dressed for impending rain. There was actually a castle right across from the camp ground which I managed to miss yesterday!


Today's plan was to cycle across from the Donau to the Altmuhl River and back again and we managed to do that in various groups following various directions. At one point three groups came into Kelheim from three different paths!!  As we cycled through fields of corn, I told Edna I though it was amaizing. I manage to amuse myself along the route. We managed to stop for a church service for awhile (being Sunday) but soon tired of that and pressed on to our coffee spot, a nice bakery which we invaded en masse.











We followed Melissa up the river for some time and then crossed over the bridge at Kelheim to try find our luch spot. Today's directions were difficult to follow and some people actually missed lunch. Stirling had a flat along the way and Alf decided that he should change out his back tyre as the spare was in the lunch van.


It rained on and off through the day and, as directions became more difficult to follow I activated Sheila, my Garmin voice, and Edna and I took the roads into Regensburg where we arrived around 2.30pm in time to clean up and change into dry clothes and then head out for coffee and cake, just for a change.


Mark and Nadine head back to Hamburg tomorrow so the Group is out for dinner German style. Not for me, I'm afraid. A night in the hotel is just perfect for me.

Rest day tomorrow so we'll all probably head to the coin laundry to do our washing and then explore the Pope's town.

Apologies for the layout of my blogs but I just can't get the photos to line up as I would like them. In fact, I can't move them within the blog. Any solutions would be welcome in Comments.

I am loving all the German signs......

No comments:

Post a Comment