Sunday 26 June 2011

Orient Express Day 22 Vienna Rest Day - 0km

Today actually was a rest day. As I have been to Vienna several times, and being Sunday when most things are closed, I took the opportunity to do my laundry in the bathroom and to catch up on Days 20 and 21 Blogs - that took most of the day with very slow wifi connection. I also caught up with all my kids by email. live messenger and skype.


The laundry on the fire landing accessed by climbing out the window
Beware!












I  wandered out for lunch and had a pita with falafal, houmous and eggplant and then found an Arab bakery around the corner and had a cheese pastry and fanta. Back to the hotel for more computer work and then down to the bar for a delicious Almdudler on ice!

I crossed paths with Edna a couple of times in the lobby. She was picked up around 4pm to spend the afternoon/evening with her cousins.

I am rooming with John and we decided to venture out for a light dinner around 6.30 with Leana and Stirling. I led the Company back to last night's excellent restaurant for schnitzel sandwiches (chips for Leana who is vegetarian) but was disappointed to learn that they were out of Almdudlers. So I had my first beer for the trip. We then had ice cream from the excellent bar next to the restaurant and retired to the hotel. It's a late night for me. Won't get to sleep until after 9pm!!

There will be photos from dinner here later - tired of waiting for useless wifi to upload.



Celebrating the first beer with Stirling












Leana and John .

No comments:

Post a Comment