Sunday 16 November 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - The Twins Rest Area to Glendambo | Sunday, November 16 - 125km

I awoke to a beautiful sunrise - followed by a bos kak...
My tent looked peaceful, but filthy, in the still morning air and headed to breakfast with the idea of cycling from the 40km mark to lunch and then on to camp.



Doug was set to ride the 72km to lunch and was rugged up as the weather was cool again but with little chance of rain.

 
The van dropped me off at Bon Bon Rest Area which had first world toilet facilities for my covenience.





I knew it would be a tough ride when the wind blew my contact lens off my finger so I rode with my glasses. Fortunately, my mirror fits.


The headwind was relentless. I stopped often for photos as my back was hurting - a combination of struggling with the tent erection yesterday and pushing into the wind today.


The peloton passed me one klick out from lunch where Chris introduced me to apple and peanut butter.



















Mike seemed to have abandoned his "deck chairs as art" project and was deep into his book as the riders came through.

We packed up the van and headed to Glendambo where, with back aching, I got a room for the night to share with John.


















After showering, washing some clothes and refreshing, I updated the blog and then headed to the camping area for dinner of pumpkin mash, beef  goulash and broccoli.

The Frenchmen had been busy before dinner and will tonight screen The Triplets of Belleville against the side of the truck. I will relax in my room...












No comments:

Post a Comment