Monday 3 November 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Tennant Creek to Wauchope | Sunday, November 2 - 116km



With a banana for breakfast, I set off in the overcast morning with drops of rain with the aim of making it to the lunch spot.

 






 


















After riding at 20km an hour for 2 hours, I tired but managed to cycle into lunch at 62km to be greeted by Doug in costume and WATERMELON finally!



















Dara and I helped Doug pack up with Dara and we then drove to the DEVILS MARBLES. Very interesting.





We continued to the Caravan Park with a great pub. I dined on a "Bara Burger" for lunch which was quite delicious.The bar staff were cute girls including Rachel from USA. For more detail see my other blog www.onyabikeaustorah.blogspot.com


There were some interesting things in and around the Pub including the telescopic boomerang and spear!

 

















I liked the display of cars outside which were reminiscent of Graeme Roche's artwork.

 
It rained a little in the afternoon so we put the flies on the tents which was a good idea although there was little rain during the day. Dinner was a mild beef curry on rice with a side of green beans and sultanas. Andreas chipped in with orange tapioca for dessert. Needless to say, my stomach did not react kindly and with a time trial tomorrow I already decided to take a day off!



No comments:

Post a Comment