Thursday 20 November 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Port Augusta Rest Day | Thursday, November 20 - 0km

John made breakfast again this morning and I whiled away the morning, with drizzling rain outside, doing some work and then trying to clean all the red dust off my tent!

It stopped raining around 11.30am so John and I cycled into town for fish and chips. I actually had butterfish, prawns and "potato fritters" as they call them in SA.

 
 
From where else might it come?? Many possibilities I suppose...
I then headed to Wadlata Outback Centre to check out the Time Tunnel and audio visual displays. Very well presented.



















I got to drive the coal digger....




















You can watch a Youtube video about the Centre HERE.

The afternoon was spent relaxing in the cabin and sorting out the daily bag and the permanent bag for tomorrow. It rained heavily but cleared around 6pm just in time for me and John to walk down to the Hotel for a nice steak dinner.

Back on the bike tomorrow, heading east!


No comments:

Post a Comment