Thursday 27 November 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Kingston to Beachpoint | Thursday, November 27 - 89km

It was a chilly night, even in the cabin, and those who camped were bitterly cold as were some of the cabin dwellers! Breakfast was a solemn affair and some took whatever sun they could to warm up!


















I decided that today would be the day to go vanless - after 80km yesterday what's another 10? So I set off  with my light rain jacket on and waited for the rising sun to warm things up. I got to see some kangaroos up close which was nice..


















At around 40km almost everyone turned off to Robe for coffee at a really nice store. Some even had waffles! It was worth the extra 5km round trip.




Thanks to TDA instagram for photo

Onwards with a headwind to Beachport and by the time I got to camp I had 94km on the clock - my longest ride so far this Tour.
 
 














Nice welcome to the MOT's




















 I only had some cantaloupe for lunch so, after securing a cabin for the night, I biked to the local cafe for a grilled butterfish burger with chips and a chocolate milkshake.

It was then time to quickly check out the small town and head back to the cabin with my special raspberry lemonade as the gale winds blew in.







I managed a little nap in after my shower and John and I then noticed how cold the cabin was so we broke out the heater!

Dinner was sausages with polenta which I had a bite of in the gale while the troopers weathered the gale and tucked in to their hearty meal!



It is expected to remain windy overnight. Let's see what the morning holds...










No comments:

Post a Comment