Friday 14 November 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Alice Springs to Desert Oaks | Sunday, November 9 - 169km



There was no way I was ready to tackle that sort of distance so I decided to ride the van to lunch with Doug and Mike Coo who had recently arrived from TDA’s Toronto office for the section to Adelaide. There were some interesting signs at the rest stop.





I managed to ride only 48km before conking out at Fiske River rest stop where I waited for a support vehicle. Andreas eventually came by in the truck so I climbed aboard for a ride to camp after Andreas swept back to the last riders then turned for home.


 

 


The bush camp had two toilets but no showers and I managed to find a shaded spot to pitch my tent. Mark made a delicious chicken and mushroom soup to keep us going until dinner and the beer cooler was well stocked with a variety of beers, apple cider and Coke.

Dinner was pasta with chicken, green salad and a dessert of fresh fruit with a light custard. Aussie Bob and I scored wash up duty which is rostered through the group on camping nights.
Thanks to fellow rider Gerald Coniel for the photo

Gerald had arranged a projector against the side of the truck to screen Mad Max but I headed to the tent for an early night.
 
Thanks to fellow rider Annegrette Warrer for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment