Wednesday 19 November 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Woomera to Port Augusta | Tuesday, November 18 - 180km

The official route today was from Woomera to Ranges Rest Area (117km) leaving 63km to Port Augusta. Several riders decided to go straight through to Port Augusta for an extra rest day rather than "enjoy" another bush camp.
After farewelling my little cabin at Woomera, I was fortunate to find a ride to the Ranges Rest Area where I met up with the TDA truck and my bike and, with a change of clothes in my backpack, I cycled the 63km to Port Augusta enjoying the scenery along the way.







I stopped on the outskirts of Port Augusta for a few more photos and then headed to the Shoreline Caravan Park where John and I have a cabin for three nights.
 



After checking in, I cycled to the bus station cafeteria for lunch and then into the town centre for a quick look around and to Woolworths for some supplies. As I got back to Shoreline, John, Charles and Dana arrived having cycled from the lunch spot - about 120km in all.

After showering and a nap, John and I headed to the Golden Pearl Chinese Restaurant in town for a 70's style meal of chicken chow mein, squid with black bean sauce and prawns with cashew nuts.



 John had a mini bottle of Jacob Greek wine.... I suppose if you say it three times fast, Sam Ting..Interesting wine list....


And as the sun set on our ride back to Shoreline, we settled in for a good night's sleep knowing that our bags would arrive around 9 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment