Wednesday 26 November 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Adelaide to Meningie | Tuesday, November 25 - 159km

I was still not feeling "quite right" and, as it would be a long day. I decided to take the van to lunch and ride from there. The van had to flag two alternative routes so we left before breakfast and did not get to the lunch spot just the other side of Murray Bridge until close to 9am by which time I was a little car sick and did not feel up to riding. We had company as lunch was prepared and, after a bite to eat, I rode the 5km back across the bridge for a look see.









 







There was not much in town but a few interesting spots.





















There was a strong headwind blowing and the riders took ages to come through lunch with quite a few stopping at lunch and en route to Meningie. We had a full van by the time we got to camp and set up tents on the shores of Lake Albert. Quite a quirky camp ground!














 
 
Mark made a nice mixed pasta with bolognese and red wine sauce after which I retired to my tent and slept propped up on all my bags to ward off the dizzies! It was a little cold but I wore my cycling gear and fleece top and got inside the sleeping bag.





No comments:

Post a Comment