Friday 14 November 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Desert Oaks to Kulgera | Monday, November 10 - 108km



 
For our last full day in Northern Territory I decided to ride from the lunch spot, just for a change. I managed the 41km, mostly into a head wind, in reasonable shape although I did have to stop in the woods along the way…

Mike Coo has started a "deck chairs as art" project so I took some snaps of his first arrangements before cycling off.



The Kulgera Roadhouse has a café, pub, swimming pool and shower facilities so I managed to pitch the tent, rehydrate with Fanta, take a dip in the icy cold pool and then shower before heading back into the café to organize my photos and write up the blog.



Mark made a very tasty dinner of "Steak Lavan" with grilled asparagus and vegetables and the evening entertainment was Gerald and Joachim reliving a great soccer match between arch rivals France and Germany!






No comments:

Post a Comment