Friday 21 November 2014

Trans Oceania 2014 - Port Augusta to Jamestown | Friday, November 21 - 128km

I woke up feeling a little off balance, as has happened before, but thought I would give it a shot on the bike and at least get to lunch which I did at 66km. It was a nice change cycling terrain rather than a straight windswept highway!

 
 
 
 
First little town was Wilmington, then on to Melrose.




















Lunch was right outside the bike store at Melrose where I called it a day as I was feeling a bit unsteady. Good move.Nice little town.



















 
 

 The lunch van packed up, we sped to our home for the night at Jamestown, a quaint town with lots of history and street art.








Meanwhile, some of the riders stopped en route at the old Yarrowie Hotel at Appila which is famous for its murals. The hotel is shuttered up but there are some works on the wall of the adjoining building. Thanks to Mike Coo for images:




I was feeling a little peckish and stopped at the cake chop for a mocha and vanilla slice..



Then back to camp where our guest chefs for tonight, Mike and Doug, prepared lamb shashlicks with haloumi served on a bed of basmati rice and tsatsiki sauce. I managed one against my allowance of three and the very hungry Frenchmen devoured my extras and more! Quite delicious but enough for me.























I'll decide whether I ride tomorrow depending on whether I awake with a clear head!






No comments:

Post a Comment